Saturday, May 22, 2010

Knock Knock. Who’s th….INTERUPTING COW!

First of all, I have noticed that I have a lot of blogs about me complaining about people and society so I will attempt to do better at writing about funny or not so whiny type topics but I can’t guarantee anything.



So my new complaint, as anyone can figure out by my title, is people that interrupt me. Not just once or twice accidently, because I myself interrupt occasionally as well, but the continuous interrupters. It’s like they get joy from making me sound like a mumbling, bumbling (I had no idea that bumbling is an actual word! I thought for sure spell check would squiggle red line it! Wow) idiot. When I talk it means I am telling you something you need to know. Not that I think it’s important, but that I know you need to know this so shut up and listen for 2 seconds…ok maybe 3. Is that too much to ask? Plus if you think about it logically, every time you interrupt me, I am going to take two steps back and reiterate what I just told you while you were twiddling your thumbs thinking of how you can stop me from talking just to hear your own voice. Just an FYI, if I say something you don’t like, I probably have a reason behind it so let me finish my sentence before you jump down my throat and make me start over making you furious. Communication is vital and in this green world today, it’s nonstop…via electronics. This is the issue of interrupting. No one knows how to communicate face to face or verbal to verbal. Twitter, Facebook (I thought for sure Facebook would be a real word but my computer just red squiggle lined it) and texting….have ruined the interpersonal relationship etiquette that our ancestors built up from the ashes. As I watch and read novels such as Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice, I ponder every time, “what if we spoke this elegant today?” I believe it would instantly solve problems already addressed by my mumbling mouth. Society would have better manners, including not interrupting others while speaking face to face to mention one. I am guilty of everything I have mentioned above except for twitter. I text, I facebook, I interrupt, but there is moderation in all things. That’s the key word! MODERATION. I am not perfect, you are not perfect. I interrupt, and I like to think I apologize for doing so, but please please please don’t do it on purpose all the time. Just relax, I will get to my point shortly….longer if you keep interrupting me.


No comments:

Post a Comment