Tuesday, May 25, 2010

99 bottles of beer on the wall

I am ever so grateful for the word of wisdom. Some see it as a barrier and cage that doesn’t allow one to act and make their own decisions concerning what they will consume; while others like myself see it as a guidance to a happier, more freedom like lifestyle. It prevents addiction. Not all types, but it helps. It amazes me what addictions can do to one’s life and the life of those he or she loves. Lindsey Lohan for example keeps popping up on the radar with her most recent stint being; she missed a court appearance to frolic around France and watch movies at the Cannes festival. Apparently she has a drinking problem too….ok she is a flat out alcoholic! Her punishment now is to wear a monitoring device that measures the blood alcohol levels in her sweat. Wow, she can’t do a thing without having someone know about it. Sounds like freedom to me. I always have had issues with people that argue against the word of wisdom. Regardless of what religion or sect you belong or believe in, they all have their beliefs on what should or should not be consumed by the body, so please don’t even start smacking the LDS religion because there are hundreds, probably thousands of sects that believe in taking care of your bodies in some way or another. Off my soap box one step, I still, to reiterate my beginning point, can’t believe that the word of wisdom is often seen as a barrier and restraint. It actually provides us freedom to choose and grants us control of our own bodies. Lindsey has a tracking devise that monitors her addiction. An addiction which she chose to live by which now runs her life. That sounds like freedom to me. I would love to be controlled by a man made substance that is composed of empty calories and drugs. Great, sounds fun….I will keep my agency to choose instead now that I think about it. Thanks though.

2 comments:

  1. Plus it's one of the few things we can be perfect at

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree Sarah!!! Why would you want to go drink stuff and do stuff that would have control over your life--so not freedom! :)

    ReplyDelete