Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Puzzle Pieces

I have come to the conclusion that life is a puzzle. Yes, that’s right; it’s a puzzle that when put together and completed, the end result, usually, is a wonderful whole picture. I hate puzzles. LOL yes I am really laughing out loud right now. I don’t have the patience for puzzles and have determined I don’t have the patience for life either. It’s funny, when putting together a puzzle, you have the entire picture and you just have to put the pieces together in the right spot and eventually the puzzle is finished. Finished and exactly like what you knew you were creating. See! Just like life. We know the end, we have all these pieces of life in our hands, the only difference is, we don’t get all the pieces at once. They are given to us slowly and at the right time, but we don’t know that. We don’t know what piece is suppose to come before or after another which causes chaos and frustration. Sometimes it feels like we get the wrong piece at the wrong time…that is until another is given to you and you see the connection. Wow, he knows what he is doing doesn’t he? So if we know what we want, where we are going and how to get there, we should know what to do with each puzzle piece he gives us. That’s a problem. We never know what to do with the trial or good thing we have been given and how to implement it into our life puzzle. That’s where faith and trust comes in. I personally can’t do puzzles alone. Drives me nuts. I always need someone else there helping me. Someone that has a different view of the puzzle can see things clearing in the picture and knows how the pieces interlace. Crazy huh! I think I really have discovered something here. Puzzle=life. Puzzle pieces= life events. They are practically the same. I am just thankful that life isn’t a one player game. I am glad I have others that can see different angles, pictures and views so my puzzle isn’t messed up entirely. And I am especially grateful, that unlike a puzzle, my life isn’t missing any pieces.

4 comments:

  1. http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1207-20,00.html
    this will maybe change your mind about the importance of patience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm SO glad I pulled this up to read it! I really needed to hear that. Maybe you should be a Young Woman's teacher!! You'd be really good at it!

    We can all help each other with our "puzzles" and the patience that comes along with it.. I REALLY need to work on that. And I need to work on keeping a happy perspective, thinking my puzzle piece is just as beautiful as those around me.

    I love the way you write by the way! you just have a way to put it down! It gets to me most every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lexa you are too kind. Glad I could help. Ha I needed it too. Sometimes I just get way to pushy and want answers now and I don't realize that each piece fits but I don't get them all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And when the puzzle's finished....you die! Yes, that was deep. Thank you.

    Sometimes don't you wonder why you put a piece in a place you KNOW won't fit but for a moment you try and try to make it fit only to stand back and think "What the heck am I doing?" And worse is when we judge others for doing the same thing, then realize, yep, I've done that. It all seems so simple, yet we sometimes struggle.

    Thanks for getting me thinking! I need to do that once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete