Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Little Somber

Today was a terrible, rotten, no good day. Work was long, my patience was tried numerous times, I studied alone for hours for a test that basically holds my future in its greedy hands, I missed my brother and I cried. My mind was running a mile an hour. (Hidden joke there) To reiterate, it was a terrible, rotten, no good day. But I endured, I made it through and here I am. I found some light though. Some joy. It was small but it made things ok again. Rain. It’s wonderful isn’t it? The brisk, sweet smell conquers the troubled air and clears the atmosphere for another day. It’s cleansing. It’s peaceful. It made things better. I sat there for just a few, meaningless minutes, soaking it all in. The air gets quiet. The clouds provide a protective shield. The water cleans as it falls and the smell is more refreshing than even a clean, fresh cut soccer field. It’s magical. As it falls, it sparkles, and if you step back far enough in your imagination and become a child again, it makes anything possible. The escape, from this world filled with death, trials, enduring day to day, that it provides is remarkably stunning. It’s an unusual world. A world where nothing can go wrong. Everything is right and joyous and simple. It’s a small piece of Heavenly Father comforting you. Hugging you. Letting you know it will be okay. He does that often I discovered. Touches your world that is filled with “gunk”, with a small example of assurance that he is there, that he will always be there. He is watching over you and reminding you that it’s okay to have a bad day cause in the end he will still be there. Ready to help cleanse your spirit, your mind and prepare you for the next day. It’s not easy, it’s worth it though, and we just need to be reminded every now and then. And remember, “Life isn’t meant to be endured, it’s meant to be enjoyed.” (G. Hinkley)

1 comment:

  1. Unless the downpoor comes while standing in a line at Lagoon and you're almost to the front of the line so you don't want to lose your place to go find cover. Then rain is not my friend. I don't do the "wet-rat" look well. You can link to my blog by clicking on my name. It's the "Joy Ride" blog.

    ReplyDelete