Saturday, December 18, 2010

Girls Night Out....Inside

My adorable cousin Annabelle is a girl. A girly girl. She is 7. I am 3 times her age….right? 7 X 3 is almost 22. She wanted to sleep over, so I sporadically threw together a girls night. Living with four brothers must be challenging for her, but she has a wonderful mom that pampers and makes her feel like a girl should feel…..I was never like that. So we started to plan our night at my kitchen table. We came up with pizza for dinner….we were ravished! Then from there we proceeded to make a gingerbread house, complete with a ladder for the elves to climb to assist in putting up the lights. There were icicles, trees, doors, a stone path way and all detained together with pink frosting. It was a Disney castle in a cloud….Les Mis…oh how I love thee…
From there we ventured up stairs to the warmer area of the house and decided to have a Make Up Over. We weren’t allowed to peak at what the other was prepping to beautify the other with, but if I could say so, I may be looking at cosmetology if this teaching gig doesn’t work out….he he. I looked makeuped up and she looked ravishing….as I think about it more, it may have more to do with her natural beauty then my face painting, but I can dream. The fingers were next. It’s Christmas time; we of course had to use Green and Red.  After I had finished her itty bitty, teeny tiny, way too difficult to paint nicely, nails, she started mine….only to tell me that she has never done this before! Yippee! There was no paint on the carpet or all over our hands so regardless of the state of our nails, I would say it was a success.
On to the board game. I don’t get to play many bored games in my house, Brian says they are called board games because they are boring, but I tend to differ immensely.  We decided Sorry was the game for us that evening. As time went on, I learned that my 7 year old cousin is a stealthy, knowledgeable Sorry player. We decided to put a wager to the game. I know, I start them young, but our wager was the vanilla frosting lip-gloss we had purchased at the store hours prior….obviously I was planning on giving it to her anyway, but now that she knew what was on the line, she was playing with no mercy.  She was remarkable. I enjoyed it more as a teachers stand point. Nerd I know. The way she knew how to add, subtract, we even were dividing….secretly of course, but she was a killa! First game was fun. She won. Second game, I won. 3rd game….I don’t think she wanted to wait to win any longer. She had to hide the lip-gloss so she could concentrate, and decided I was being way to slow, so played both our parts and gave me the glorious, continual shuffler position. It’s elite. The game was over. She had one….which apparently she continuously does at her abode….blah. We then had a medal ceremony in which I, in discreet humiliation, had to present her with the well deserved award.
The night had run long, I am getting older, and I think I gave her too much sugar. She wanted one more activity, so we rummaged around in my closet for something to do. I found my colored duck tape and the next 40 minutes were spent making beautiful roses, which were finished with a spritz of my perfume to add for the full effect.
It now was time for bed. She brushed her teeth, laid out her pillows, had my lay her blankets in a certain order, left the door partially ajar, and went to sleep. Fun night, kind of makes me want a girl. She was so sweet and fun to play with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment