Monday, June 27, 2011

Victim: The Other Side of Murder

I just finished reading the novel, Victim: The Other Side of Murder by Gary Kinder. It’s about the Hi-Fi murders in Ogden during the 1970’s and the destructive acts the perpetrators did, but more about the overcoming trials the victims took part in. I have written and expressed various times about my feelings towards criminals and their punishment and how I loathe the trial process, but the father of one of the victims stated everything I have always wanted to say, just couldn’t tangibly put it down on paper.
I’m no attorney, I don’t know anything about the law, but I’ve been watching a little more carefully since this happened, and I see no real justice. For the victims, I don’t know. I think that everyone should have a fair trial, a good, honest, fair trial, and a chance to question that, to appeal it. After that I think it’s stupid to keep on with this appeal, appeal, and appeal. What the hell are they doing? What are they accomplishing? It’s been over eight years and we’re still screwing around, one court to the next, on court to the next. What the hell, why don’t they turn ‘em loose? If they’re going to do it, why the dell don’t they turn em loose? I don’t care what the hell they do, but they ought to do something. I think it’s stupid to just sit. They were sentenced to die and they’re still sitting around, fooling around, after eight years. If they are going to let those guys go, they ought to let them go. There’s a point where a guy’s had all the fair trials he’s going to get. And just going on and on and on is just a damn stupid thing as far as I am concerned. It’s just a mockery of the damn law. If they don’t have the guts enough to carry out the sentence, why don’t they turn them loose? See it doesn’t make any difference to me I wouldn’t give a damn if they turned Pierre loose this minute, forever. I’m not asking them to kill him. I don’t care if they kill him or not. They can turn him loose; it’s not going to make one pinch in hell difference to me. But the law says that he should die as his penalty. And if that’s what the law says, then that bugger should die. It’s that simple. Otherwise, why in the hell have the law? If they don’t want to execute people, then don’t make the punishment. It’s just a travesty of the law, just ridicules the law and it’s laughable. And that irritates the hell out of me. If it’s right, then it should be done. If it’s wrong, then it shouldn’t even be there at all. And if it’s for life, then it should be for life, and not five or six years later say: “oh, look how badly these people were treated These people have been maligned here. Here they are down here and they really didn’t mean to do it. They’ve had second thoughts about it.” That’s a bunch of bullticky. I don’t give a damn how angry they are, no one has the right to take another person’s life. Or torture them or do anything to them to change their situation. That’s antisocial, and I don’t give a damn what the cause is. But nobody wants to do anything about punishment and I don’t know why. They’re trying to find excuses to give people the leeway to do whatever the hell they want to do. And that’s stupid. No one forces anyone to do anything. And that’s the same with those boys….I’m still irritated that the situation in this country is such that you can’t feel comfortable to come and go in freedom. We should be able to do whatever we want, go wherever we want. Be perfectly safe and comfortable. And until that day happens, we’re damn fools for tolerating things the way they are. -Dr. Byron Naisbitt, Kinder Victim: The other side of murder (304-305) 1982.
I couldn’t have said it any better myself. He touches on the aspect of the law needing to carry out the sentence the criminal was given, the fact that the law takes an eternity to finish a “quick and speedy trial” and that the world needs a lot of fixes. I don’t understand much at all what runs through a criminals mind. But you have different levels of criminals. Jean Val Jean (spelling?) was a criminal because his family was starving and he stole a loaf of bread. That isn’t a big deal to me. The criminals that have to respect for human life rip the loving, understanding feelings inside of me and throw them aside. I have no patience, or respect for them. It isn’t just murderers, but rapist and child molesters (same same I know) are right there with the same attitude toward human life as the serial, or cruel murderers of the world. I won’t rant and rave because the quote about entirely finished my statements I try to relay. Food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. This is completely random but I am supposedly 99 days behind you on the pregnancy and I just think that is cool :)

    ReplyDelete