Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Anticlimactic

Well I am 18 weeks prego today and it’s been pretty boring. I am starting to get the, “you are defiantly pregnant” comments now which is reassuring. It means I don’t look fat anymore. I found out Brian and I were pregnant while I was student teaching and was praying over and over to not get sick and low and behold, it was a fairly uneventful 1st trimester. I kept hearing these horror stories of women that would be puking 3-5 times a day and couldn’t gain weight, but I had no issues with that. Especially the gaining weight part. There were a few days were I was sure I would vomit, but I have this problem of not being able to throw up. I would be a terrible bulimic. At times I wish I could, but thankfully that only happened maybe 3 times during the first trimester. We found out we were having a boy about a month ago and Brian was overjoyed. We had our big ultrasound yesterday and it’s still a boy and he is doing superb. Growing like a champ and kicking like an all-star soccer player. It was really weird to see because he is to the stage now where you can see his fingers and toes and for some reason that really got to me. He starting sucking his thumb and you could see his face. His face really got to me too because I know he is in there, but to actually see him, that was unbelievable.

After our appointment, we went home and I was doing laundry while the tv was on. There was this chick that was doing unimaginable things to earn money, while she was prego and continued to do after she was prego. She kept saying she does these things for her child, but all I could think about is how in the world someone gets that selfish that they are incapable of providing and thinking of their child first. I am not even a mother yet and I was getting irate about it. I told Brian to turn it off because it was making me sick to see her sit and brag about what a great mom she was when in reality, there was no responsibility in that women’s blood.

On Mother’s day we spoke to Max. Next time we speak, it will be face to face and I am having a hard time waiting. It’s amazing how you can go so long with out speaking to someone and when you finally do, it’s as if no time has past. I have friends like that, but this was even more different with my brother. First 3 minutes on the phone, we were laughing and cracking up and he didn’t even know what we were talking about. We answered the phone o-lo (if you have seen Megamind, you will get it) and he replied it’s hola. We then had to explain it to him. Then out of now where, cause he was in another room, Brian came in and realized Max was on the phone and shouted across the room O-LO! Haha it was so funny. We have made movie and music lists for him. It will be so fun to have him home. One fast Sunday left.


2 comments:

  1. You are so good with words, you need to write a book. Congrats on Graduation, and I can't believe how fast the 2 years have gone by, I know for you it probably hasn't but WOW!!! Congrats on the little guy, I bet you look so cute!!! Tell your parents hello! I would love to see the baby blog. betsybooray@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy! I love reading your blog. It's so fun to see what your family is up to and my goodness, your kiddos are growing so fast. They are so so cute. I can't believe how fast time has gone either. Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete